TC1 Clinic and Exam Preparation
Download and study the three documents identified below. Together they cover just about everything that might appear on the level 1 Timing and Calculations (TC1) exam. The documents can be downloaded from this US Ski & Snowboard webpage: https://usskiandsnowboard.org/sport-development/officials-development/alpine-officials
- Timing and Calculations 1 Study Guide (not Timing and Calculations 3)
- Alpine Officials Update & Review
- Alpine Competition Guide (You may have already received your 'Comp Guide' in the US Mail. If so, you do not need to download a copy.)
It is important to take the time to read/study the Competition Guide particularly Ch 2: Points, Rankings and Selection Systems and Ch 7: Competition Regulations. Also, be sure to try the ‘Study Problems’ found on pp. 21-27 of the Study Guide; this is an excellent practice drill prior to taking the exam.
As you prepare for the clinic and exam, you will likely have questions about topics that are unclear or, perhaps, you just don’t understand. Write them down! When you get to the Timing Clinic, you can ask for clarification. Also, be sure that the clinician goes through the answers to the ‘Study Problems’.
What to bring to the Clinic
- Competition Guide
- Alpine Officials Teaching Update & Review
- Timing and Calculations 1 Study Guide
- Questions that you need answered and/or topics you need clarified
About the Exam
The exam is an ‘open book’ format so you can have important resources on hand (like your Competition Guide, Alpine Teaching and Review Update, etc.) as you take your exam. Use of the Study Guide and/or a computer (laptop, tablet, smartphone) is not permitted during exams.