This self-paced course is an introduction to ski racing for new officials, coaches, and parents. Completion of this course and U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Official membership are required to become certified as a Competition Official (CO). Competition Official certification is also one of the prerequisites for certification in the following specialty areas:
- Chief of Course
- Chief of Race
- Jury Advisor – Start and Finish Referee
- Race Administration
- Timing & Calculations
- Technical Delegate
To complete this course:
- Download the Competition Official Study Guide from here: https://usskiandsnowboard.org/sport-development/officials-development/alpine-officials/alpine-competition-officials-education
- Carefully read each unit.
- Download and complete the Competition Official quiz: Online Competition Official (CO) 21-22 Quiz
- Forward/email your completed quiz to your divisional Alpine Officials’ Chair ([email protected] for Tri-State members). This will serve as verification of your completion of the clinic requirement for certification.
Now is the time to get started. Download a copy of the course today!