Clinic and Exam Preparation
Download and study the four documents identified below. Together they cover just about everything that might appear on the level 1 Race Administrator (RA1) exam. The documents can be downloaded from this US Ski & Snowboard webpage: https://usskiandsnowboard.org/sport-development/officials-development/alpine-officials/alpine-competition-officials-education
- Race Administration Study Guide Section 1: Race Result Software
- Race Administration Study Guide Section 2: Event Administration *
- Alpine Officials Manual Chapter 5 - Secretariat
- Alpine Officials 2024 Season Update & Review
- Alpine Competition Guide (You may have already received your 'Comp Guide' in the US Mail. If so, you do not need to download a copy from here.)
Study and Prepare
Beside spending quality time with the Study Guides, it is also important to take the time to read/study the Competition Guide particularly Ch 1: Getting Started, Ch 2: Points And Rankings and Ch 7: Competition Regulations (especially Section 1 Joint Regulations for all Competitions and Section 2 Rules Common to Alpine Events).
As you prepare for the clinic and exam, you will likely have questions about topics that are unclear or, perhaps, you just don’t understand. Write them down! When you get to the Race Administrator Clinic, you can ask for clarification.
About the Exam
The exam is an ‘open book’ format so you can have important resources on hand (like your Competition Guide, Alpine Officials Update & Review, notes, etc.) as you take your exam. Use of the Study Guides and/or a computer (laptop, tablet, smartphone) is not permitted during exams.
* Study Guide Section 2 includes ~80 pages of sample forms. You should consider storing and accessing these forms on a computer rather printing them all out.