Clinic and Exam Preparation
Download and study the four documents identified below. Together they cover just about everything that might appear on the level 1 Race Administrator (RA1) exam. The documents can be downloaded from this US Ski & Snowboard webpage: https://usskiandsnowboard.org/sport-development/officials-development/alpine-officials
- Race Administration Study Guide Section 1: Race Result Software
- Race Administration Study Guide Section 2: Event Administration *
- Alpine Officials Teaching and Review Update
- Alpine Competition Guide (You may have already received your 'Comp Guide' in the US Mail. If so, you do not need to download a copy.)
Study and Prepare
Beside spending quality time with the Study Guides, it is also important to take the time to read/study the Competition Guide particularly Ch 1: Getting Started, Ch 2: Points, Rankings and Selection Systems and Ch 7: Competition Regulations (especially Section 1 Joint Regulations for all Competitions and Section 2 Rules Common to Alpine Events).
As you prepare for the clinic and exam, you will likely have questions about topics that are unclear or, perhaps, you just don’t understand. Write them down! When you get to the Race Administrator Clinic, you can ask for clarification.
About the Exam
The exam is an ‘open book’ format so you can have important resources on hand (like your Competition Guide, Alpine Teaching and Review Update, notes, etc.) as you take your exam. Use of the Study Guides and/or a computer (laptop, tablet, smartphone) is not permitted during exams.
* Study Guide Section 2 includes 80 pages of sample forms. You should consider storing and accessing these forms on a laptop computer rather printing them all out.